Etapa 5 btt | Ruta Vía de la Plata | La Ruta En Bici

Casar de Cáceres - Plasencia

BTT · Stage 5 · 88 Kilometres See map


The trail is well signposted with yellow arrows and grey stone markers, except for the stretch between the entrance to the Larios estate and Carcaboso, where there are only yellow marks, and between Carcaboso and Plasencia, where there are no markings at all. Cycling is slightly difficult on some stretches during the rainy season. Some streams need to be forded or crossed, though they do not present any major difficulty.

Traffic is heavy between Carcaboso and Plasencia. The route between Casar de Cáceres and Cañaveral runs mostly on trails. Between Cañaveral and the beginning of the Larios estate, it runs along paths in a good state of repair. From the Larios estate to Plasencia, the route runs along roads.

Some small streams need fording and there are a few gates to pass through. The percentage of trails/paths is 65%, with the remaining 35% being paved roads.

Facebook Twitter Email

Download tracks


  • Km 13.5 -

    An alternative route is advised due to the construction of the express road. The temporary detour is signposted.

  • Km 47.6 -

    Ignore the signs that recommend continuing on to the River Lobos.

  • Km 51.8 -

    From this point onward follow the yellow marks that lead you to the River Lobos via the road and then on to Galisteo. The road has very little traffic.

  • Km 80 -

    An 8-km stretch of road with lots of traffic and a very narrow hard shoulder until Plasencia.


More stages

Stage Mountain bike Road bike
Carmona - Sevilla Mountain bike
Sevilla - El Real de la Jara Mountain bike Road bike
El Real de la Jara - Villafranca de los Barros Mountain bike Road bike
Villafranca de los Barros - Alcuéscar Mountain bike Road bike
Alcuéscar - Casar de Cáceres Mountain bike Road bike
Casar de Cáceres - Plasencia Mountain bike Road bike
Plasencia - Béjar Mountain bike Road bike
Béjar - San Pedro de Rozados Mountain bike Road bike
San Pedro de Rozados - Zamora Mountain bike Road bike
Zamora - Benavente Mountain bike Road bike
Benavente - León Mountain bike Road bike
León - Pola de Lena Mountain bike Road bike
Pola de Lena - Gijón Mountain bike Road bike