Etapa 6 btt | Ruta Vía de la Plata | La Ruta En Bici

Plasencia - Béjar

BTT · Stage 6 · 79 Kilometres See map


The trail is well signposted with yellow arrows and grey stone markers, except for the stretches between Plasencia and Carcaboso and Calzada de Béjar and Béjar, where the route follows the main road. Cycling is quite difficult on some stretches during the rainy season, with numerous streams to ford, muddy stretches and gates to pass through.


From Plasencia, take the same road as you did in the previous stage to arrive, as you need to double back; in this case, towards Carcaboso. Traffic is heavy between Plasencia and Carcaboso. From there, you head downhill to the outskirts of Calzada de Béjar, where you take a 5-km stretch of road with very little traffic that runs through a wooded area and takes you to Béjar.

The percentage of trails/paths is 80%, with the remaining 20% being paved roads.


Facebook Twitter Email

Download tracks


  • Km 0 - Carcaboso

    The route runs along the main road with lots of traffic for the first 10 kilometres.

  • Km 42.5 -

    Depending on the time of year, you may encounter problems fording the River Ambroz or its affluent.

  • Km 70.7 - Calzada de Béjar

    The route leaves the Via de la Plata and takes a secondary road with very little traffic until reaching Béjar.


More stages

Stage Mountain bike Road bike
Carmona - Sevilla Mountain bike
Sevilla - El Real de la Jara Mountain bike Road bike
El Real de la Jara - Villafranca de los Barros Mountain bike Road bike
Villafranca de los Barros - Alcuéscar Mountain bike Road bike
Alcuéscar - Casar de Cáceres Mountain bike Road bike
Casar de Cáceres - Plasencia Mountain bike Road bike
Plasencia - Béjar Mountain bike Road bike
Béjar - San Pedro de Rozados Mountain bike Road bike
San Pedro de Rozados - Zamora Mountain bike Road bike
Zamora - Benavente Mountain bike Road bike
Benavente - León Mountain bike Road bike
León - Pola de Lena Mountain bike Road bike
Pola de Lena - Gijón Mountain bike Road bike